Welcome to the 2016 Legislative Session!
Here you’ll find information on the 26th Legislative District, legislation I’ve sponsored and co-sponsored, press releases, videos, contact information and much more.
We have many challenges before us in the Legislature as we work to preserve and improve our state’s quality of life.
As our state faces a challenging budget year, I believe it is especially important to protect taxpayers while preserving services for our state’s most vulnerable population.
Among my many priorities as your state Senator, I’m working for you to:
- improve our local transportation system and ensure a reliable, affordable ferry service;
- fully-fund basic education and prepare our students for a competitive workforce;
- refine the Growth Management Act to make it work better for our local communities;
- support our veterans and local military operations; and
- stimulate our economy, create new jobs, and support and strengthen local businesses.
Please contact my office should you have any questions, comments or ideas about state government. It is a great and humbling honor to serve as your state senator.
Thank you for visiting! Please contact me with any questions.
Those who receive my regular e-newsletters have access to inside information straight from the state Capitol, often before members of the media have a chance to report it. Sign up today, and you can take the next step toward participating directly in your state government.
A representative government only works when those represented take an active part in the process. I'm here to serve you, and your direct input helps me do my job better. Please don't hesitate to contact me via e-mail, phone or by mail, or make an appointment to see me in person. I look forward to hearing from you!